Friday 14 October 2011

NR3 is the place to be

Anyone who has been to the Magdalen Street celebration would know that NR3 is a most exciting and vibrant place to live. Of course it always has been and all the celebration did was to give people permission to show that side of themselves.

Amongst the many artists, performers, craftspeople there were local groups, a vintage fashion show, churches open for the day, traders with special offers and local historians giving talks. When I walked down the street two days later I could still feel the buzz and walked along with a new view of the street, a more connected view. Like I had lived there since I was a child and everyone knew me.

A few months ago I wrote a blog called sun, sea, sand and sustainability which was about finding someone with the same values as you locally. A chap then got in touch with me to tell me about a website he is developing aimed at helping people find ethical connections in Norwich called Heddcraft.

If all else fails you could do worse than find yourself a Morris dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment